How it Works
Benefits of Being CDChoices Consumer Personal Assistant
Great Personal Assistants are the cornerstones of our Consumers’ independence by providing them with the care and assistance they need to live their lives in the community. Consumers who use CDChoices also are able to provide their employees with the resources they need to take care of themselves, too.
When you become employed by a CDChoices Consumer, you’ll enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- Competitive wages
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay differential
- Health and dental insurance
- A 401(k) retirement plan
- Supplemental benefits, such as life insurance and medical bridge insurance
- SEFCU banking
In addition, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that you’re making a daily difference in the life of a senior or a person with disabilities. Many Personal Assistants (or PAs) form deep bonds that last for years with the Consumers they work for.
You don’t have to be licensed or have special certifications to be employed by a Consumer. To be eligible for employment, you only need to meet these criteria:
- You must be 18 years old.
- You must be legally eligible to work in the United States and have a Photo ID.
- You can’t be the spouse or the custodial parent of the Consumer who is hiring you.
- You must NOT have been excluded from working in Medicare, Medicaid or other federal health care programs.
- You must complete an initial and annual Health Assessment (as required by the New York State Department of Health).
Becoming a PA can be a flexible way to earn money while helping others. If you would like to find a job as a PA for a CDChoices Consumer, register as a Potential Personal Assistant today.